Phoenix, AZ, US
Contract to Hire
$37.00 - $39.00 /Hour
Aston Carter is hiring a Senior Accountant for a large financial institution in Phoenix, AZ to start immediately!
This position works closely with the Financial Reporting Manager and other accounting staff to complete projects, assist in implementation of accounting standards and SEC and regulatory financial reporting. This position also provides accounting support to the bank and the holding company by performing accounting duties including operational accounting (A/P, F/A, OREO, Loan, Deposit), journal entries, account/bank reconciliations, accruals, amortizations, transaction analysis, Treasury & investment accounting, intercompany accounting, accounting research and ad hoc projects as assigned. This position works closely with external and internal auditors and examiners to assist in fielding questions and providing supporting documentation in a professional and timely manner. This position also ensures compliance with SOX, all policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations. This position may have supervisory duties assigned.
- Assist with preparation of financial reports, tables and analysis that comprise the earnings releases, regulatory reporting and SEC public reporting.
- Prepare daily reports, journal entries and other transactions for bank or holding company using source system reports. Ensure reports and entries are timely, accurate and complete.
- Complete accounting entries for assigned bank or holding company including daily entries, monthly entries (accruals, amortizations, prepaid), wire transfers and general ledger tickets.
- Assist with the monthly reconciliation/certification process for the bank and holding company, including the review/verification of reconciliation of each account on the balance sheet to ensure accuracy of the general ledger. Ensure that appropriate follow up on outstanding items has been performed.
- Prepare financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting cycles, including researching variances and understanding and communicating results to staff. Reports may include internal reports, financial performance reporting and consolidations.
- Assist in accounting for complex transactions such as loan and deposit sales, acquisitions and disposals, goodwill impairment valuations, and other transactions that require research and analysis.
- Assist with review of current accounting practice throughout the Company devise ways to increase efficiencies and consistency across the organization without compromising internal controls.
- Assist with researching financial reporting requirements under Accounting Standards Codification and bank regulatory reporting.
- Interfaces with management and other subsidiaries including external auditors and regulatory agencies concerning accounting and SOX requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate Risk Management policies, procedures, processes, and standards are incorporated into daily assignments and work flow processes.
- Assist in compliance with bank and holding company compliance with SOX and any required testing.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective control environment that prevents losses, financial reporting errors, and regulatory violations in accordance with all risk tolerances established by the Board of Directors. An effective control environment will include Board-approved policies, documented procedures, and sound internal controls.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years or more related experience. Work related experience should consist of an accounting or finance background preferably in the Financial Services industry.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- CPA license and a minimum of two (2) years public accounting experience, or Seven+ (7+) years with progressively increased responsibility and supervisory experience at an SEC registrant in the financial services industry is strongly desired.
- An excellent knowledge of SEC and ASC reporting requirements required.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other bank operational policies required.
- Experience with preparation of audited financial statements, SEC reporting, related table and supporting documentation.
- Banking experience including Bank and Bank Holding Company regulatory reporting including Call Reports, FR2900, and other daily, monthly or annual reports is desired.
- Intermediate knowledge of bank accounting operational functions required: accounts payable, fixed assets, account reconciliations, month-end close, investment accounting, sales & use tax, payroll related duties & compensation plans (commissions), OREO, loan & deposit accounting, Treasury support, intercompany accounting, account & bank reconciliations, variance reporting, analysis, internal reporting (BOD, forecasts) and other related duties.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft office, financial reporting/accounting software such as Hyperion, a plus. Experience with ITI (Fiserv) and COGNOS desirable.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.