Contract to Hire
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 /Year
Aston Carter is seeking a Controller for a growing company in Orlando!
- Overseeing the company's internal accounting functions. Preparing financial statements, assisting with tax returns and budget forecasts and variances.
- Oversee the full cycle of month end and year end close activities for the company's financials. Includes reviewing all financials and reconciliations.
- Maintain integrity of the general ledger and reporting
- Monitor cash and line of credit balances and forecast liquidity and funding requirements
- Drive the annual budget process and perform intra-period quarterly re-forecasts by maintaining relationships with business leaders
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of all business unit reporting (accounting schedules, bank reconciliations, balance sheets, income statements, income statements)
- Provide guidance and response to accounting inquires from line of business leaders
- Assist in creation of standard policies and procedures to comply with generally accepted accounting principals, tax requirements, compliance and management reporting requirements
- Monitor internal control systems and make recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Oversee reporting and revenue recognition related to brokerage activities
- Assist with reporting and monitoring commitments and covenants on commercial real estate development and acquisition opportunities
- Manage an accounting team while providing them with coaching, training, and performance monitoring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 10+ years of accounting experience
- CPA and public accounting experience highly preferred
- In-depth financial knowledge and ability to forecast and prepare budgets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.