Oak Brook, IL, US
Contract to Hire
A Fortune 500 company is looking for a Property Accountant who wants to join their team!
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who want to get their foot in the door in the professional field.
Pay: 17/hr, contract to hire. After you are hired full time the role can go up to 45-50k
- Prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties, including General Ledger month-end close, actual to budget variance review, and audits
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio (max of 7)
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Approving invoices
- Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners
- Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review
- Responsible for cash management of assigned properties
- Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly
- Maintain a working knowledge of mortgage agreements and management agreements for assigned properties
- Assist property manager in responding to tenant and owner requests for financial information
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Understand the difference between cash and accrual based accounting guidelines
- Intermediate Excel (vlookup and pivot tables)
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines during month end
I have interviews available this week.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.