Fishers, IN, US
Contract to Hire
Job Title - Procurement Specialist
The procurement specialist should feel comfortable using an ERP system and presenting to upper management on supply chain. This person will be responsible for vendor relationships , transactional duties, and other duties necessary for the purchasing process. Transactional duties include handling RFQs (Request for Quote), purchase orders, and delivery tracking. This person will also be responsible for purchasing all the necessary parts that go into the products. They will be responsible for about 75 - 100 purchases a week and it is expected that this will increase as they continue to land new projects.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- 2 recent years' experience within Procurement
- 2 recent years' experience working with vendors
- Strong experience with multi-tasking (every day will be different)
- Bachelor degree required (business, accounting, economics, or supply chain preferred)
- Experience working in an automobile manufacturing setting
- PPAP (production part approval process) experience preferred
- Experience reporting on supply chain
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.